Nordstrom Warehouse Sale 2017 Experience + Haul

by - Friday, April 14, 2017

Nordstrom Warehouse Sale

On Good Friday, I celebrated by going shopping at the Nordstrom Warehouse Sale at the International Center. This is a sale that happens annually at a giant convention center. Nordstroms have been popping up in Canada within the past few years so I figured I would go check it out for the first time. I've been to other warehouse sales before that weren't that great so I wasn't expecting much but I had a surprisingly satisfying experience.

What I Got

Phillip Lim dress

Phillip Lim dress

The pictures don't really do this dress any justice but it's a beautiful silk/velvet kimono-esque dress. It kind of looks like you're wearing several layers of robes and the top layer has fallen off your shoulder to reveal the layer underneath it.

Brand: Phillip Lim
Original Price: $1300 (note that all prices are in CAD)
Sale Price: $299


Storee shirt

I only got the blouse at the sale (skirt is from Brandy Melville).

Brand: Storee
Original Price: unknown
Sale Price: $30


Madewell blazer

They had like a dozen of this blazer in size 6 which doesn't fit me and I was so bummed out but then I found the last one in my size and I was a happy camper. It's a structured not-quite-velvet-not-quite-suede blazer with no lapels. Literally perfect.

Brand: Madewell
Original Price: ~$200
Sale Price: $50


Chelsea 28 cape

I've been watching Riverdale on Netflix and Veronica became my style icon when she walked into Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe with a cape on and now I have one too.

Brand: Chelsea 28
Original Price: $158
Sale Price: $50 

Shoutout to my amateur photographer Sandra for squatting to take these pictures.
 
What to Expect

First off, it very much is a warehouse sale so don't expect neat rows of clothes all sorted nicely. It was pretty chaotic. The sale is open for a week and I went near the end of the week but it was still packed full of people. The paper signs saying things like "Women's Tops S/M/L" indicated that they had tried to sort the clothing but honestly the effort was in vain.

Designer Section

Bags


Shoes

There. Was. So. Much. Stuff. Often times you would find the same item in several different places so it's worth looking around all the sections if you can't find something in your size the first time. The clothing was not sorted by size and only vaguely sorted by type. There were all types of clothes, shoes, accessories, bags, jewelry, menswear, and children's clothing. There was also a "Designer Room" that had luxury brands and the things in this section were more expensive.

I was pretty disappointed with the handbag selection since I was hoping to find a cute going out bag. I'm guessing there were more bags at the beginning of the sale. The stuff in the Designer Room started at $100 and went up. Stuff in the regular section started at around $20 and went up to $100.

Shopping Tips
  • Take your time and go through all the racks. Nothing is in order so you'll miss out on cute stuff if you only go through one section. 
  • Don't bring a large bag or a jacket. You'll probably be holding clothes as you shop so a big bag gets in the way and it's very hot in the convention center. 
  • Don't buy things that aren't really on sale. Most of the stuff was at a decent discount but some things were only $10-$30 off. You're at a warehouse sale to get a good discount so leave the almost regular priced stuff to regular shopping. 
  • Go to the Designer Room first. This section is way smaller than the rest of the sale and had nicer things so check it out first. 
  • Don't buy something unless you really love it. Sometimes the sale is too good and we are tempted to buy something just because it's cheap. Trust me, this is never worth it. 
  • Bring a friend who is just as into shopping as you are. I imagine it would get really boring going through countless racks of clothes all by yourself. 
Overall, a pretty neat sale.

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Love the skirt and the Cape
    Also your hands are very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laineeeee, how did this happen and I didn't even know!!! I love every single piece that you got! The robe dress, too chic!!! The blouse and the cape goes together so perfectly! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksssss =) I will take you next time!

      Delete