My First Cruise - The Caribbean

by - Sunday, June 04, 2017

Miami Beach
Miami/South Beach
So two weeks ago I went on my very first cruise. It was also my first time in the Caribbean. I used to think I didn't like typical hot vacation destinations but there is something magical about just laying in the sand by the beach all day and not having to think about anything. Your mind is kind of just occupied with thinking about how unbelievably hot it is.

The first part of getting on this cruise was flying down to Miami. We stayed in downtown Miami, thinking it would be the busy and fun part of the city, like how downtown Toronto is the fun part. But we were wrong and it turns out downtown Miami is very quiet and boring. So we Ubered down to South Beach. South Beach is amazing. It's exactly like the Miami you see on CSI: Miami (minus the crime scene investigation of course).

Me at the Hotel Pool
At the hotel pool

miami beach
Me, chilling at the beach
giant mojito
Happy hour by the beach. Drinks the size of my face!
dinner by the beach
Dinner at The Pelican Hotel. The best thing about warm weather is the patios.
After chilling on South Beach, I decided I liked Miami after all. The next day we went to the port and got on the cruise. The cruise went to Nassau, Coco Cay, and Key West. This cruise gave me the opportunity to finally wear all the cute summer dresses I've been stockpiling.

in Nassau
In Nassau.
Coco Cay nature trail
Nature trail in Coco Cay.
fancy dinner night
Fancy dinner night on the ship.
Remember from my last post how I packed all that makeup? Yeah, I only wore makeup this one night lol. I thought this window looked cool but it actually just looks like I'm about to climb into a giant washing machine.

Hammock in Coco Cay
Sitting in a hammock, a classic vacation activity.
hammock
A stranger saw me struggling to get on the hammock and helped me out lol.
coco cay beach
Coco Cay beach. This is the day I got very sunburnt. But it was worth it.
One of the coolest things I did on this cruise was go parasailing in Key West. Now, I don't do a lot of cool things so this was definitely up there on the list of coolest things I've ever done. I once saw a video of a guy flying through the air during a storm after his parasailing rope got cut. I wanted to go parasailing ever since.

parasailing in Key West
Me and my brother being cool.
parasailing
This is the closest I will ever get to straight up flying.
And that pretty much wraps up the trip. Turns out I like tropical vacations and cruises are pretty fun.

Now here's a picture of me drinking a pina colada out of an actual pineapple to end off the post.

drinking a pina colada out of a pineapple


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yasssss, the little gold bag!!!
    P.S your skin looks amazing without makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^-^ If that bag could fit my phone, it would be perfect lol.

      Delete