Glossier Review - Lip Gloss, Moon Mask, and Cloud Paint

by - Sunday, September 17, 2017

Glossier moon mask, gloss, cloud paint

In this week's installment of Laine has no self control, I make a completely unnecessary trip to the Toronto Glossier Pop-Up and spend all my money. I could literally be heard saying "I'm not really that into Glossier" right before voluntarily walking into the store and buying things. Multiple witnesses can attest to Sandra telling me "you probably won't get much use out of that" as I pay for Cloud Paint. But as it turns out, these products are all really good so here's my review.

Moisturizing Moon Mask:

Glossier moon mask

I had just finished up my Laneige Multiberry Yogurt Repairing Mask so I was looking for a new moisturizing mask. I have combination skin that gets really dry and flaky in some areas so I like to do a moisturizing mask every week or so. This is a pretty standard rinse-off mask with a creamy texture. I really like this and I do feel that it makes my skin more moist even the morning after using it. It also has some ingredients I'm pretty into:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Urea, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Squalane, Tropaeolum Majus Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Cyclohexasiloxane, Mel/Honey/Miel, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Benzophenone-4, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Betaine, Polysorbate 60, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Beta-Glucan, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Hyaluronic Acid (from Glossier)
I really like urea in my moisturizing products because I feel like it makes my skin moist over time, not just right after applying. I also like that it has a lot of oils in it. Hyaluronic acid is the last ingredient on the list so there isn't much of it in there but it's still an ingredient I'm a fan of. Do note that "moon" is not one of the ingredients. Overall, I'm really liking this mask.

Lip Gloss:

Glossier lip gloss

I initially wasn't going to get this because it's literally just a clear lip gloss but guess who was sucked into the marketing? This girl! I'm glad I got it because I actually really like this gloss formula but let's be real, it's just clear lip gloss. In cute packaging though. The formula reminds me a lot of the Buxom Lip Creams, which is my favorite lip gloss formula of all time so I aint mad at this.

Cloud Paint in Beam:

Glossier cloud paint in beam

This was another impulse purchase since I don't usually use cream blushes. I'm always afraid of cream blushes looking oily or breaking me out. But I kept swatching these and they were just too pretty to pass up. I feel like 2017 is going to be the year I embrace the dewy, glowy look so I'm going all in. Glossier calls these a "gel-cream" and I totally agree. My issue with traditional cream blushes is that they usually come in a pot that you have to stick your finger into and they tend to be a solid hard cream texture. The Cloud Paint comes in an adorable squeeze tube that is way more sanitary and also has a very light texture. It is super easy to blend out and doesn't look patchy on the cheeks at all. I've used it with both a sponge and my fingers and it works well with both. It gives a nice dewy "blushing from within" look. It can look very natural or be built up for a more intense look. I've also used it on my eyelids and it looks great that way too and did not crease. The formula does dry down to a natural matte finish and doesn't smudge once dried. Here are some swatches:

Glossier cloud paint beam swatch

The lighter swatch is what it looks like when you use a little bit and really blend it out. The more intense swatch is less blending and more product. Beam is a perfect "in between pink and orange" shade. I guess this is called coral?? It has a white base so it has a pastel look to it.

And that about sums my Glossier review. I wasn't into Glossier before but I really enjoy all 3 of the products I tried so I'm definitely keeping an eye out for when they permanently come to Toronto. They were also giving out cute stickers and a tote bag with every purchase:

Glossier tote and stickers

Tune in again next week to see just how little self control I have when I review Fenty Beauty products lol.


You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Gotta get up at 6 tmr to go to work, but just found out my girl updated, so here I am!!

    Your secret follower xoxo :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I love my fans ;)

      I too had to be up at 6 TT^TT

      Delete
  2. Perfect! I really like this glossier Manila and I do feel that it makes my skin more moist even the morning after using it. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete