2017 in Review

by - Tuesday, January 02, 2018

2017 was one hell of a year. It was a year of change and a year of getting to know myself. 2017 definitely had its moments. A lot of things happened in 2017 that were new experiences for me. Some good and some bad, but all a learning experience. And knowledge is power, kids.

2017 was the year I dealt with 2 different medical issues and what felt like a hundred trips to clinics and hospitals. If nothing else, I learned new lessons in patience and can now talk about the inefficiencies of our healthcare system with new enthusiasm.

In 2017 I tried to make more time to see my friends and say yes to more invitations. I stepped out of my comfort zone a little bit and had a lot of fun with my pals. Remember that spending time in good company is always worth it.

I went on my first cruise in 2017 to Key West and the Bahamas and got to go parasailing - something I'd always wanted to do. Going on vacation is great and I should definitely do more of that in 2018.

And after feeling unmotivated and dejected in my job search, I started a new job that I really enjoy in 2017. This was one of the biggest events for me in the past year and really motivated me to be better. I see this as a kind of turning point in my year; my 2017 became much better after this point. I had a new sense of optimism and a new willingness to put myself out there (whatever that means).

I also watched some great movies in 2017: 

The Love Witch - A fun movie about love, murder, and witchcraft. Emphasis on fun. 

Moonlight - A heavy but touching film that explores the intersections between race, sexuality, and masculinity.

Baby Driver - A heist movie with quirky but lovable characters. 

War for the Planet of the Apes - Everything I wanted. 

Veronica - A Spanish horror film that is truly horrifying.

Blade Runner 2049 - What's not to love? 

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - An endearing ensemble cast explores space together and discovers the true meaning of friendship.

2017 had some really difficult moments for me but really picked up in the second half. Hoping to keep the momentum going into 2018. Only up from here, baby!

So here we go; 2018 resolutions:
- Save more money and be more financially responsible
- Learn new skills
- Read more books 
- Be more informed about current events
- Do more art
- Dress better
- Cook more
- Write more
- Take off ALL my makeup before going to bed
- Blend my eyeshadow better and wear more lipstick 
 
Cheers to a new year!

NYE

You May Also Like

1 comments